Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lombardi Ranch and Other Happenings

Here are some pictures from our trip to Lombardi Ranch. Seeing the animals was an interesting time for Vijay, who wasn't sure he like them-except for the pigs (which I never took a picture of). They were busy rooting in the dirt and pushing each other around, all the while making great piggy sounds. Cam and I had been making "oinking" sounds while playing with him the evening before.



Here is the pumpkin we picked out to bring home. I made a pie out of it for all to enjoy.






Last weekend we went to Huntington Gardens in Pasadena-at times I thought I was back on the east coast-the gardens were lush and green. The gardens cover about 200 acres, and are divided up into types-Japanese, Chinese, etc. with appropriate plants and buildings. It was a wonderful place to visit, and made me so thankful that I live in a state that has lots of green, growing things, and I am looking forward to being back in Maine to enjoy the cold weather and , yes, even the snow!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Hi...
sounds like you have had a great time with your family but ready to go home and be with Kevin and the Maine weather... I was ready to come home from SC. so I know how you feel.Glad all is well there and you have some really cute grand baby's.
Love ya,
Katrina

Undaunted said...

Looks like your having great fun with you grandbabies. :) I have been having a few (only a few, mind you) pangs of longing for a New England fall as I look at all the pictures of my friends and families. Love ya Stacie

The Steinmeyer Family said...

It was nice to see you again. Hopefully y'all can come out again soon. I'm afraid it will be a while before we can get out to see you there. I have fond memories of my visit and think of it often when pictures from my trip come up on my screensaver. Blessings to you and yours.
Danny

Undaunted said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love ya from the Idaho gang. Merry Christmas